Handling All Types of Legal Matters for Government Entities
At Weld Riley, we serve a wide range of municipalities and municipal bodies throughout northwestern Wisconsin, including cities, villages, towns, school districts, counties, and special municipal districts.
Our team of experienced government relations attorneys functions as both general counsel and special counsel on individual matters. Existing clients include one-fourth of the school districts and one-third of the counties in Wisconsin, as well as more than 100 municipalities.
Our firm maintains a strong reputation for providing governmental representation in an effective and cost-efficient manner. Some of our services include:
- Analysis, drafting, and defense of municipal legislation
- Zoning, land use, and planning issues and disputes
- Open meetings law and public records law issues
- Representation in municipal labor relations matters
- Develop and draft tax increment financing (TIF) districts
- Establishment and governance of public utilities
- Property tax and special assessment issues
- Police and fire commission matters
- Legislative affairs and lobbying
In addition to addressing issues with your government entity, we provide municipal clients with general legal counsel and advocacy, including contract drafting and review, assistance with municipal property matters, and representation in litigation and appeals.
Whether your government entity is looking to build a long-term relationship with a law firm that can serve as general counsel, or you need assistance with a specific legal issue, our attorneys can assist you.