Business & Corporate
Assisting Clients with Transactions, Litigation, and Other Matters
Businesses need every available tool to protect themselves in our ever-changing world and turbulent economy. At Weld Riley, our broad experience and comprehensive approach contribute to our understanding of our clients’ business concerns.
Our team of business attorneys provides legal advice and representation to individuals, partnerships, and small and large business enterprises in areas such as general corporate law, tax planning, financial services law, and real estate law.
As one of the largest firms in the region, we have created a one-stop legal shop for businesses. We serve as outside general counsel to many companies, and are called upon by many others for representation in specific matters.
We provide a full range of transactional and litigation services to businesses, cooperatives, nonprofit organizations, individuals, charter schools, and other entities, including:
- Entity selection, registration, and drafting of articles and bylaws
- Negotiation and drafting of corporate control and buy-sell agreements
- Reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of business entities
- Drafting of commercial and employment contracts and agreements
- Advice and representation in federal and state tax matters
- Representation before administrative and regulatory bodies
- Prenuptial agreements and business succession planning
- Trademark, copyright, and patent registration
- Representation of business entities in commercial litigation
We take pride in building client relationships based on friendship and trust, gaining insights into clients’ long-term goals, and understanding their everyday operations. Our clients benefit from our in-depth knowledge, and they appreciate our unwavering commitment to their success.
Whether you’re starting a business, purchasing an existing business, or need legal assistance with another aspect of your business operations, contact one of our offices to find out how we can assist you.