Frac Sand, Mining & Minerals
Getting Results for Leaders in the Mining Industry
Weld Riley provides legal services to international, national,and Fortune 100 mining companies and landowners. We represent small and large entities in the proppant sand (fracsand), gravel, and other metallic and non-metallic mining industries throughout Wisconsin.
Leaders in the mining industry rely on Weld Riley for full-service legal representation and, most importantly, results.
Whether we’re rolling back the first county-wide mining moratorium in state history, helping a Fortune 100 company through the complicated regulatory process to build North America’s largest sand-processing plant, or negotiating and drafting groundbreaking Mining Development Agreements, we help our clients position themselves at the top of this extremely competitive industry.
At Weld Riley, we’re known for achieving positive results in zoning, regulatory, contract, government, and public relations arenas. Landowners, consultants, and energy companies look to us when developing agreements and strategies for long-term, cooperative mining models. As a founding member of the Wisconsin Mining Association, we know what it takes to successfully enter the Wisconsin mining industry.
Our firm’s attorneys have deep roots throughout Wisconsin and possess legal experience that is second to none. A partial list of our services include:
- Zoning, planning, and land use permits
- Advice on compliance with administrative regulations
- Representation before the Department of Natural Resources
- State and municipal licenses, approvals, and contracts
- Representation before administrative and regulatory bodies
- Analysis, drafting, and defense of municipal legislation
- Legislative affairs and lobbying
- Reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of business entities
- Representation of business entities in commercial litigation
- Real estate negotiations
- Property tax and special assessment issues
- Advice and representation in federal and state tax matters
Whether you need help siting a plant or mine, negotiating real estate deals, working with state or local governments, or defending your business, our attorneys can cost-effectively handle your case. As one of the largest firms in the region, coupled with an extensive background in minerals and mining law, we offer the depth and breadth needed to pursue your mining ventures.